Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An ill wind...........

.............can clear a room.

Well, the mobile mechanic came and had an in depth look. His conclusion is that the problem is most probably the inhibitor switch on the gearbox that stops the vehicle from starting in gear. This is all very well and it makes a lot of sense. the problem is still, "What to do about it". I have had an offer of help from a neighbour, I will ask his advice.
My comiserations to Damo, he has worked even harder than I have only to have his dream taken away from him. I will try to keep the flag flying and my own project moving forward, if slowly, in order to keep faith with his project.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for that :). Missing mine alot, but its gone to a good home about 15 miles away from me in Stroud. Had a text off the new owner today, she's had the electrics finished, and took her away this weekend to Minehead, said she drove like a dream, and attracted alot of attention. A dutch couple that are touring the UK for 2 months, had the same year van but with a popup roof, and loved the layout of mine. Carol said she would loved to have said it was her build as they liked it so much, but came clean to them. What a compliment :). So sorry about the gearbox on Janis, I know its a blow, but when its done and through the MOT, and you are out using her, it will be so worth it, wish I'd gotten to use mine at least once when she was finished. Ah well. Fingers crossed you get Janis back soon ! Oh what Galaxy are you referring to in Yate ? Message me some details, I might be looking out for a car if that is what you mean. All the best, Damo

    ReplyDelete