Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The acid test.

Yesterday, I booked janis in for a service at my local Merc dealer. They will check and, if necessary, change all her bodily fluids and also replace all the filters. In addition, they will look at the brake system and try to fix whatever is wrong with the auto gear stick that keeps sticking! This will not be a cheap job and I am dreading it but there is no way I would take her abroad in September without it so the bullet has to be bitten. The fridge is due to arrive today and I will fit it this very evening in order to both save space in the house and also make life easier when buying frozen and chilled food.
Yesterday produced yet another setback with our ongoing struggle to get planning permission for the roof that fell down - don't ask. It made me so depressed I went on line and bought a new sink / hob unit. Well you have to grab what you can, when you can in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment