Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why a duck?

Chico this time.
Well, I've booked the welding for Thursday so by Friday I should have full control of my auto gearbox. I have also ordered the kit of bits I need to put the curtain rails up. Once they are in place, I will double check the measurements and order the curtains. She who must be obeyed will have to choose the material and we have already had quibbles about the need to have them lined or not. I say yes so we probably won't! I am currently considering the removal of the Eberspacher heater, either for good or to move it elsewhere. It is hogging the floor in just the wrong place and we need to have our kitchen built as soon as possible now.
Thanks to a colleague, I have become quite keen on the idea of running janis on used chip oil. She is 100% compatible and we have a local firm that will do the conversion and also supply pre filtered oil. not as cheap as diy but a lot cheaper than diesel. The major problem, of course, will be obtaining said chip oil away from home. Possible in the UK but difficult abroad. The answer might be to carry 20 litre cans and simply add a couple to the tank each time I fill up. Once the welding is done, I will go and buy a couple of cans and try the system out. I will also need to remove the heater unit and seal the tank again, this may be a job for the agents.

No comments:

Post a Comment