Tuesday, July 14, 2009

If at first................

I spent a while yesterday trying to work out a way of carrying both mains and van power to the fridge. After some false starts, I worked out this method. The cables come out from the above cab void and via a flexible trunking along the top of the sliding door to a second Maplin box which I will mount the power outlets on and the leads from the fridge will simply run up the side of the vehicle. I had to open an account with RS to do it, but I have managed to order a very elegant three pin socket that will mount in the Maplin box. I received the DC twin cable this morning and I ran the fridge feed in alongside the mains when I got home from work. The two sockets should arrive tomorrow so I will be able to cut the lid of the box and fit them tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment