Sunday, May 31, 2009

It's too darn hot!

After we cleared the habitation area.The bed fitted and down.The three seater in the up position.

Sitting here in Yate with the humidity up around our armpits, it's as well that all of the hard work is done for the weekend. Dave and Pete at Cannons Forge were most helpful and friendly, tea and somewhere peaceful to sit were offered and accepted and within an hour, despite my stupid measurement error, we were on our way again with a superlative rock and roll bed fitted into janis. We have the latest model of Dave's manufacture with a two inch layer of memory foam as the top level. To say it's comfortable is understating the case somewhat. This bed is more comfortable than our bed at home! The bed installation has also had the pleasant result of even less noise from the rear of the vehicle, our return journey from Worksop was definitely quieter than the outgoing one.
With all the good news, there always seems to be a but.............. The lamp behind the gear/temp gauge has now gone out. A simple job but tedious when I eventually get around to doing it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Dennis, I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for a rock n roll bed, but as is usual with me wanted to be "different" :) Have read through your complete blog now, sounds like you've been having fun ! Definately more space in yours to play with. Seating is fairly soon on my list, but have now decided to fit a skylight with a 12v fan built in, so may leave the seating for the minute. I definately recommend you get an awning, the 'bag' awnings are great and fairly low profile, also the cheapest brand new, I got mine for about half the new price through Ebay, so bargains are around and it makes such a difference when you are parked up, I dont 'do' hot sun :) Was/is great to use whilst working on the camper too ! Keep up the good work, I will be watching with interest ! I'm not too far from Yate, so when we are done maybe we could meet up and compare next time you are there :). All the best, Damon

    ReplyDelete