Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Out, damned..................seat."

Shakespeare............nearly.

Spent quite a while attempting to remove the remaining seats in the rear of janis but the bolts seem to be turning and not rising. I assumed that they must have had retaining nuts on the underside but when we checked, no sign. I have now resorted to brute force and chopped out the rear single seat with my rotary cutter. I'm not yet worried about the small amount left sticking up from the floor as the main reason for all this is to keep janis legal for insurance purposes and to easily lose the spare metalwork. We are only insured for five seats and with the new bed we will have eight unless I remove the old ones first. Sadly, the cutting disc has worn down too much to finish the job off so I will have to buy another disc and sort out the rest tonight if I can. This weekend is liable to be non productive as it will be our first with Samuel under the new rules. In the past, we have only had him for one day but from now on, we will be seeing him on both Saturday and Sunday every other weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment